Turmeric and honey are the best for starting the cold season in the right way!
Turmeric is a traditional spice that is part of a plant of the Zingiberaceae family, to which ginger also belongs.
The root of the plant is used as a condiment and for medicinal purposes.
Turmeric is a natural anti-inflammatory, pain reliever, and preventative. Its content of curcumin and other antioxidant substances give it properties to fight and prevent various types of diseases.
The combination of turmeric with honey is a natural remedy with powerful anti-inflammatory qualities that promote the body’s defenses. It is also considered a powerful natural antibiotic.
Its significant contribution of polyphenols, vitamins and minerals are also used for inflammatory treatments and various types of cancers.
In addition, thanks to their contributions of vitamins C and E, they inhibit the action of free radicals and prevent the deterioration associated with premature aging.
Benefits of Turmeric and Honey
- Digestive, liver and viral diseases.
- Arthritis, Osteoarthritis, and Gout.
- Brain protection and decreased risk of dementia.
- Elimination of toxins.
- Reduction of the negative impact of the treatment of some types of cancers.
- Relief from symptoms of the flu, cold and other respiratory conditions.
- Prevention of urinary tract infections.
- Relief of duodenal ulcers.
- Cholesterol lowering
- Ability to improve fat metabolism.
Controindications of Turmeric
In case of gallbladder problems, turmeric could aggravate the situation; for this reason, those who suffer from it should avoid taking it in the form of food supplements.
Also for the anticoagulant effects of turmeric, care must be taken to administer it to people with problems related to blood clotting.
Similar advice also applies in case of pregnancy and breastfeeding.